Being a responsible and supportive member of the community is important to us. We are proud to take part in the following initiatives and activities.
Recycling, Environmental and Energy Efficiency InitiativesWe have company-wide programs to reduce the impact of manufacturing on the environment including:
- Switched to non-toxic water-based cutting fluid.
- Installed motion sensor lighting throughout facility.
- Installed water bottle filling stations throughout facility to eliminate disposable plastic bottles.
- Installed smart sprinkler timers to reduce water use.
- Installed automatic flush, low-flow valves in restrooms.
- Installed automatic water faucets for hand wash stations.
- Use an evaporator for our waste before it is hauled off.
- Coolant management for longer fluid life.
- Installed T5 light fixtures in manufacturing and administration areas.
- Recycle all paper and cardboard.
- Recycle cutting fluids.
- Recycling of all metal manufacturing waste.
- Installed Arithane foam roofing on entire facility for heating and cooling energy savings.
- Installed variable speed air compressors for energy savings.
- Recycle lamps and replaced inefficient lighting fixtures.
- Recycle all IT hardware.
- Recycle all batteries.
- Installed 4-stage clarifier to ensure only clean wastewater enters sewage stream.
- Instigated program to replace equipment with more energy-efficient machines.
Community InvolvementMost of our employees live within 10 miles of our facility and take pride in their community. We believe in supporting our community and provides volunteers, funding or resources for the following programs.
Santa Clarita Search and Rescue Team
An elite volunteer group formed to assist the Sheriff of Los Angeles County and disaster agencies in search and rescue work. They also promote wilderness recreation safety education for the people of our community. Company Vice President Jeff Lage has formed a passionate team of 25 B&B employees who meet weekly to discuss hiking areas, special gear and safety precautions. Many employees have also recruited their family and friends to join this important and fun organization.
Manufacturing Career Counseling
We work with local high schools, vocational centers and community colleges to educate students about rewarding careers in manufacturing.
School Student Tours
We regularly invite teachers to bring their students on a tour of our facility. Kids are given a presentation about the manufacturing process, shown completed parts and encouraged to learn more about the industry.
Donations and Support
We support these additional organizations:
- Girl Scouts of America
- American Cancer Society
- Santa Paula Fire Department
- Rothlisberger Machinist Training Endowment
- SCV Relay for Life
- Joaquin Miller Booster Club
- St. Baldricks Foundation
- Rio Norte ASB
- SCV Hope Foundation
- SCV Sheriff's Foundation
- Hart High School Robotics Team
- Simi Valley High School
- Sun Valley High School
- Van Nuys High School